If you are looking for cheap stock media sites, like the ones listed here, you probably have considered iStock as your primary stock source. The stock agency has been in business for over 15 years and has helped creative professionals with various projects. When it comes to high quality images at very low prices, you can always count on iStock. If you do not have an account with the stock site, here are 10 things that you need to know about it. We hope that this iStock photo review will be of great help.
- iStock has over 50 million stock assets in its library. The stock media site offers images, illustrations, videos and audio clips. Its vast collection covers various themes and styles that will fit all kinds of projects.
- It features two collections. You can choose to purchase stock assets from the Essentials and Signature collection. The former includes low-price shots while the latter features high quality, exclusive content.
- Video clips are available in various image resolution. You can download iStock footage in SD, HD and 4K.
- iStock offers royalty-free license. This type of license allows you to use the footage and images in any project for as long as you like – for a one-time flat fee.
- Footage are priced according to collections not by image resolution. This means you pay the same price for different image resolution. If you download videos from the Essentials collection, it will cost you 6 credits. On the other hand, footages in the Signature collection can be bought for 18 credits.
- The stock site accepts two payment methods. You can purchase credits in two ways: PayPal and credit card. If you are purchasing a la carte with credits, you can choose to be charged on your credit card or invoiced on your PayPal account.
- Save time with an easy-to-use library. iStock’s library features a keyword search engine and advanced filters. It is highly searchable so you can save time discovering its high quality content. It is organized in categories, collections, most popular, recently added, and more.
- It is backed by Getty Images. You probably don’t know it yet, but iStock is owned and managed by the world’s leading source of premium footages and images – Getty Images.
- Exclusive content is the main highlight. iStock is one of the few agencies that offer exclusive footage. You will not find them in any other website. These files are more expensive that their non-exclusive counterpart, but the added value in controlled distribution makes up for it.
- No subscriptions for videos. Unfortunately, there are no available subscriptions for videos. You can only purchase them via credits.
Additional Tip: You can further your savings! iStock already offers stock assets at ridiculously low prices, but there is another way to increase your savings. You can get iStock coupons to have 15% off credit packs and 12% off subscriptions. Is this iStock photo review helpful? Visit the stock media website and download your footages now!